This time I don’t have a tutorial for you, but instead some quick and easy to remember tips that should help you improving on your creations.
- Make sure that you work so percise, that none macrame makers can barely tell the difference between the front and the back of your work.
2. Try to have a variety of colors and sizes of cord as possible, so you can make all sorts of different items and see the difference in the outcome.
3. If you only have time to work on your projects during the evening (like I do), make sure you have enough light. If your ceiling light isn’t enough, get a clip on lamp for your chair or table for example.
4. Try to find groups or blogs to share your creations with, ask questions and get inspired by. My personal favorite facebook group is Macrame tutoriales.
5. Get really good, small and sharp sciccors! Trust me, you’ll thank me later!
6. If you are not sure of how to make certain knots, keep youtube tutorial videos at hand. Extremly helpful when you are just starting! The most helpful channel for me was Macrame School. Go check it out, if you haven’t heard of it yet!
7. Label your beads and pearls with the sizes of them! You’ll never remember if it’s 2, 3 or 4 mm later on otherwise.
8. Don’t be afraid to experiment. You can only learn and get better with everything you do, even if it doesn’t work out the way you thought it would.
9. If you have a new idea and you are starting with your item, keep your smart phone at hand, so you take pictures every step of the way.
10. Last but not least: Have fun! You’re being creative, embrace it!
Now go out and get your macrame on! Let me know if this helped you and if you have any additions!